Transform Your Lawn
Artificial grass, also known as synthetic turf, is the perfect solution for low-maintenance landscaping. Synthetic turf offers a realistic, attractive lawn that won’t require weekly maintenance, such as watering and mowing. With a variety of styles, shades, and heights to choose from, you can create the perfect lawn without worrying about how to care for it. Get in touch with Palos Landscaping today to learn how we can build you a beautiful, low-maintenance lawn that will last.
Benefits of Synthetic Turf
- Eliminates the risk of lawn disease
- Maintains a healthy, attractive appearance
- Suppresses weed growth
- Eliminates the need for fertilizer and pesticides
- Reduces maintenance
- Conserves water
- Does not stain clothes
- And more!
Although you may think of artificial grass as something solely for sports fields and stadiums, today synthetic grass is being used for many residential lawns and commercial applications as well. The main reason is maintenance, as artificial grass can stand up to heavy use and requires no irrigation or trimming.
Synthetic turf is the perfect low-maintenance lawn solution for a variety of property types, including:
- Dog runs
- Residential lawns
- Sports complexes
- Putting greens
- Balcony surfaces
- Decorative borders between patio pavers
Types of Synthetic Turf
Synthetic turf comes in a variety of styles, shades, and heights, so you can create the realistic, environmentally-friendly lawn of your dreams.
- Nylon: Nylon is the strongest type of artificial grass available. It can stand up to heavy weight and high temperatures without getting matted down or losing its shape, making it a great choice for hot climates, such as Houston, where sun may damage the appearance of grass.
- Polyethylene: Most homeowners opt for polyethylene when choosing artificial grass for their front or back lawn. Polyethylene grass looks beautiful, thanks to its bright green color and variety of textures. It also feels softer and more natural than nylon. It is often used for athletic areas as well, such as soccer, football, and baseball fields.
- Polypropylene: The least expensive option for synthetic turf, polypropylene, is also the least durable. Although it looks and feels just like the real thing, it does not necessarily stand up well to heavy foot traffic. It is, however, the most environmentally-friendly option for synthetic turf, as it is often made from recycled materials.
- Short: We suggest going no shorter than 30mm for artificial grass, as it may begin to look unnatural. Short tuf, however, does have some benefits. It is great for dogs, as it is easy on paws while still being durable enough to stand up to their activity. It is also the perfect choice for putting greens.
- Medium: Most artificial grass averages between 30mm and 37mm tall. This is enough height to ensure a full, natural appearance without being so heavy that it is unable to withstand its own weight. If you’re looking for a multi-use lawn that you will love, we suggest opting for a medium height.
- Long: Excessively long artificial grass can begin to flatten under its own weight, making it appear unnatural. Generally, we do not recommend going much higher than 37mm.
While most property owners will naturally opt for green as their color of choice for synthetic turf, we also offer a variety of other options. Brightly colored grass may not look great on home yards, but it can be perfect for playgrounds, dog runs,sports fields, and a splash of color around a pool.
We also offer synthetic turf with a variety of special features including:
- UV-stabilized grass: Perfect for the hot Houston landscape, UV-stabilized grass prevents the color of your lawn from fading due to the damaging effects of the sun’s rays.
- Urethane backing: Urethane backing ensures that your new yard is tough and durable while also allowing water to drain.
- Heat- and frost-resistant: Not only will your lawn have to stand up to hot summer days, but also cold winter nights. Heat- and frost-resistant grass ensures that your landscape can stand up to any temperature.
- Non-absorbent fiber: No one wants a smelly lawn. Non-absorbent fibers prevent the absorption of pet waste and pool odors, helping to prevent costly cleaning in the future.
- Non-flammable: If you plan on grilling on your artificial grass, we recommend installing non-flammable turf to prevent potential fires.This option is also ideal for those who have outdoor fire pits.
- Perforation: Perforation ensures that water and messes drain quickly, helping you avoid puddles. This is especially important for properties with pools.
- Non-staining: Non-staining grass protects your lawn’s appearance against dropped food, animal waste, or toys that may deposit dye if left out in wet weather.
- Varied colors: In order to ensure that your grass looks as natural as possible, we recommend including varied colors in the blades. While solid-color options tend to be less expensive, this can create an artificial appearance.
If you’re considering synthetic turf for your residential or commercial property, let the expert team at Palos Landscaping in Houston help you find the right option. Thanks to our extensive skill and knowledge, you can rest assured that our team will get the job done right. To learn more about our professional synthetic turf installation services, contact us today.